We encourage our patients to maintain their relationships and speak frequently with their spiritual advisors, pastors, priests or clergy.
If you would like to speak with someone for spiritual support we have volunteers available that will be happy to speak with you or your family members.
Hospice and Spiritual Care
During times of upheaval and change in life, we all may experience deep doubt and questioning. We may feel uprooted, set adrift, or utterly alone. We might respond with deep sadness, silence, or with actions to prove to ourselves that we are still in control. Beliefs that once made sense may no longer seem valid.
During a time of pending loss, you may be asking, “Why me?” or “Where is God?” or “Why do good people suffer so much?” or “What will I leave behind as a memory of myself?”
VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region provides a variety of programs for Spiritual Care, which can include the following:
- Person-to-person support: a personal visit may be requested from our Spiritual Care Team. We are available for personal contact, counseling, companionship, or conversation.
- Family concerns: relationships sometimes become strained in stressful life situations. We will work in a sensitive and caring manner with each person and each situation.
- Direct cooperation with local clergy: our Spiritual Care programs are not intended to replace your relationship with your local community of faith. We are willing and eager to work in close partnership with your clergy and provide referrals for local religious or spiritual groups.
- Educational support groups: we provide a safe and supportive place for people to explore questions of meaning and purpose with each other, to learn from each other about ways to cope and heal, to learn various “spiritual disciplines,” and to form new friendships.
- Written resources: we have a library of materials available that can help you understand and follow your spiritual journey.
Advanced in-home care for you, or your loved ones
If you or a loved one could benefit by receiving services from one of our area VNA & Hospice branches, call us today.