Educational Materials & Resources
The links below contain educational materials and resources that can help you learn how to better manage your health.
- When It’s More Than Winter Blues
- How Can I Manage Stress?
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- High Blood Pressure and Stroke
- Cholesterol Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Cholesterol Lowering Medicines
- What do My Cholesterol Levels Mean?
- Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
- How Can I Avoid a Heart Attack?
- How Will I Recover from My Heart Attack?
- What is Congestive Heart Failure?
- How Can I Live with Heart Failure?
- Warning Signs of a Stroke
- Why Should I be Physically Active?
- How Can I Manage My Weight?
- How Can I Follow a Healthy Diet?
- How Do I Read Food Labels?
- How Do I Quit Smoking?
- What You Can Do to Prevent Falls?
- Infection Control at Home
- Mesothelioma Patient Survival Rate
Flu Season Resources
Click on each resource to learn more.
Cold or Flu?
Prevent the Flu
Which Flu Vaccine?
Affiliated agencies, groups, and sites of interest
The links below will take you to our affiliated agencies, professional groups, and other sites of interest
- Start the Conversation
website dedicated to increase awareness of end-of-life care options, support people in starting the conversation about end-of-life with their families and physicians, and encourage the documentation of their goals and wishes using an advance directive.
- Rutland Mental Health Services
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Care Management Network of Vermont
Specializing in geriatric care services
- Home Care Online
The virtual home of the National Association for Home Care and Hospice
- The National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO)
- Rutland County Community Health Needs Assessment
- Stratton Foundation
Opening doors to a brighter future for Vermont kids
- The Visiting Nurses Association of America
- Alzheimer’s Association of Vermont
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- VNAs of Vermont
- Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce
- United Way of Rutland County
- Vermont Ethics Network