VNA & Hospice provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality. Your generous support makes our work possible. There are many ways to give and even the smallest gift can make a huge difference. Please consider donating today.
For more information, contact the Philanthropy Office at 802.362.1200 or email Christine
No one in our community should have to face a health crisis alone. Health issues eventually impact every family and that impact is often felt the hardest by those who are underinsured, or have no insurance at all. Even despite recent health care reform, these challenges persist. Over the years, we have become synonymous with providing high-quality healthcare for our community, including those who face financial challenges.
You can help us provide home healthcare to those recovering from injury or surgery, and those living with chronic illnesses. You can help us provide hospice care for patients and families facing life’s end. And you can help us comfort spouses, children, and families who have lost loved ones.
When you donate to VNA & Hospice you don’t have to wonder if your gift will make a difference. Your support matters every day to the thousands of people who rely on the VNA for exceptional home health, hospice, and community wellness services. And the people who benefit from your donation aren’t strangers—they are your friends, your neighbors, your co-workers, perhaps even your own family.
There is good economic news for seniors interested in making a charitable gift to Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of the Southwest Region (VNAHSR) thanks to a recent tax code amendment that included a permanent extension of the IRA charitable rollover.
Donors age 70½ or older can now make tax-free charitable gifts of up to $100,000 per year directly from their Individual Retirement Accounts to eligible charities.
HOW IT WORKS:
Taxpayers age 70½ and older are required to take annual distributions from their IRAs, which then are included in their adjusted gross income and subject to tax. The IRA charitable rollover permits taxpayers to make donations directly to charitable organizations from their IRAs without counting them as part of their AGI. This rollover distribution counts toward the required minimum distribution for IRA holders.
To make a gift to using the IRA charitable rollover:
• Contact your IRA administrator and authorize them to send a check from your IRA directly to VNAHSR.
• Ask your IRA trustee or administrator to clearly reveal this is an IRA rollover provision gift and identify you as the IRA account owner.
• Send your IRA Charitable Rollover gift to:
7 Albert Cree Drive
Rutland, VT 05701
Show your support for the people who depend on the VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region for experienced, compassionate care.
Your Support Makes a Difference
The VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region is a non-profit organization that relies on financial support from generous people like you to fulfill our mission. Each year, we care for thousands of people who are coping with illness or loss. Your gift will help us:
- Help patients recovering at home from illness, injury or surgery by connecting them with nursing and physician care, therapy and other home care services.
- Offer pain relief and other palliative care services to help adults and children with serious illness live as long and as well as possible.
- Meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients nearing the end of life, while bringing comfort and support to family members.
- Deliver hope and healing to adults and children grieving a loss.
- Bridges the funding gap to ensure to ensure the continuation and expansion of the services we offer
Thank you for your donation. Simply fill out the form below to make your donation online. If you would like to make your donation over the phone, please contact Christine Hoard, Director of Philanthropy at 802.362.1255 or email Christine.
If you prefer to mail your gift to us, please send to the Office of Philanthropy, VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region, 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701.