Learn How to be Prepared for Childbirth
VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region and Rutland Regional Medical Center presents informative childbirth education classes for parents and parents-to-be.
Please register early in your pregnancy as class size is limited. Unless other arrangements have been made, payment is due to the Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of the Southwest Region two weeks before your class begins. Payment plans are available upon request. Rates are subject to change.
- Meet and socialize with other pregnant families in the community and share stories.
- Ask questions about pregnancy, labor, and baby care.
- Get your family involved in your experience of pregnancy and childbirth.
- The signs and symptoms of labor.
- Learn methods for coping with the pain of childbirth.
- What to expect when you and your newborn are in the hospital.
- The benefits of breastfeeding.
- Information about cesareans and other medical procedures that may occur, including epidurals.
- Take a tour of the Women’s and Children’s Unit at Rutland Regional Medical Center and become familiar with the tub, showers, birthing balls and other techniques used to help along the birthing process.
- Where and who to call for any questions that may come up after the class has ended.
Many insurance companies will cover the cost of childbirth classes. Please check with your insurance carrier about reimbursement. With the exception of Medicaid, we cannot bill your insurance company.
About the Classes
Participants can attend a one-day Saturday class from 9am to 4pm, or a series of classes held monthly during the week.
- Childbirth Refresher
A review for couples who have attended other classes.
- Sibling Classes
Waiting for Baby classes are designed to educate and inform new brothers and sisters. Classes held at RRMC.
A one-day, Saturday class offered monthly for families unable to schedule time to attend the six week course.
Tour the Women’s and Children’s Unit at Rutland Regional Medical Center
An overview of breastfeeding and what to consider when deciding how to feed your baby.
Classes are held at the VNAHSR office, unless otherwise indicated
7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05751