VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region
In response to COVID-19: Please note we are continuing to actively hire during this time. We are taking precautionary measures throughout our interview process to ensure potential candidates will remain safe.
Longitudinal Care Nurse
- VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region is currently seeking a part-time Community Wellness (Longitudinal Care) Nurse to become a member of our award winning team of professional clinicians in Rutland County.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide chronic disease management education to patients, coaching and supervision of Community Health Worker (CHW), and coordinate care and services among the various community organizations serving the Longitudinal Care Program (LCP) patients.
- Develop a patient –centered plan of care for each client that will outline a comprehensive support system to enable the person to live as independently as possible; avoid unnecessary hospitalizations or other health care encounters
- Maintain a close relationship with their medical care provider and improve their quality of life.
- Utilize tele-monitoring technology, evidence –based care coordination tools and other IT applications, to assist LCP clients achieve positive health outcomes and live life to the fullest extent possible given their chronic health condition(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Two years of health care delivery experience, preferred.
- Vermont State RN license required