VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region
Looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our Home Care team in Rutland County, VT.
VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region is currently seeking a Full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to become a member of our award-winning Home Care team of professionals who strive to provide the best personalized, compassionate care and comfort to patients and their families.
- Under the supervision of an RN and utilizing the nursing process, provides quality care to assigned patients.
- Under the supervision of an RN, implements medical plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures to ensure the safe effective quality of care for patients.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the effective integration of information for use by the health care team to ensure ongoing and continued quality of care.
- Performs patient and care giver education to ensure informed patient decisions can be made, including, but not limited to medication side effects, treatment options, discharge instructions, reportable conditions, ranges of services, etc.
- Appropriately identifies inter-disciplinary needs of the patient and document patient needs accordingly, and communicates recommendations to case manager in a timely manner.
- Carries out visits in a time effective manner. Takes action to ensure that visits are not combined with routine visits whenever necessary.
- Pro-actively advocates for patient care issues to ensure that overall quality and type of care is sensitive to each specific patient/family’s needs.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Have self-direction and initiative, as well as be able to work collaboratively with colleagues within the agency.
- Experienced with electronic medical records required.
- Valid Vermont Nursing License.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and on call.
- Exceptional bedside manner and communication skills.
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor.
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License and car insurance.
VNAHSR benefits for Full-time and Part-time employees include:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long-term disability
- 401K with 4% match
- Continuing education tuition assistance for work-related courses, to eligible staff
- Job Type: Full-time