VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region
In response to COVID-19: Please note we are continuing to actively hire during this time. We are taking precautionary measures throughout our interview process to ensure potential candidates will remain safe.
Looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Home Care team in Rutland County, VT.
VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region is currently seeking a Full-time Registered Nurse RN to become a member of our award winning Home Care team of professionals who strive to provide the best personalized, compassionate care and comfort to patients and their families.
Our Home Care Registered Nurses not only provide high quality skilled nursing services but also help support the emotional needs of our patients and patient families faced during the end of life transition.
- Utilizing the nursing process, assesses patient/care giver needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Develops and communicates a realistic plan of care for each patient.
- Serves as Case Manager for assigned patients and actively manages case loads and visit times in accordance with agency productivity standards.
- Implements medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary to ensure the safe effective quality of care for patients.
- Stays up-to-date on a variety of High-Tech skills; IV use and maintenance, wound VAC, complex wound care, etc. Takes action to ensure that infection control standards are maintained throughout plan of care.
- In accordance with LPN scope of practice, works collaboratively with LPN’s to ensure that the plan of care is followed, delegates tasks and ensures that patient needs are met. Consistently reviews documentation, annotates visit notes and acts on recommendations in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Evaluates a variety of aspects of implemented plan of care including, but not limited to identified problems, care provided and patient’s responses, to meet patient/care giver needs and ensure overall quality of care delivered.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the effective integration of information for use by the health care team to ensure on-going and continued quality of care.
- Performs patient and care giver education to ensure informed patient decisions can be made, including, but not limited to, medication side effects, treatment options, discharge instructions, reportable conditions, ranges of services, etc.
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Self- direction.
- Have initiative and able to work collaboratively with colleagues within the agency.
- Experienced with electronic medical records required.
- Valid Vermont Nursing License – The VNAHSR will hire recent nursing graduates that have completed their licensure. Recent graduates currently in the process of becoming licensed are encouraged to apply and can begin work upon receiving licensure.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and on call.
- Exceptional bedside manner and communication skills.
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor.
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License and car insurance.
VNAHSR benefits for Full-time and Part-time employees include:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long-term disability
- 401K with 4% match
- Continuing education tuition assistance for work-related courses, to eligible staff