VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region
In response to COVID-19: Please note we are continuing to actively hire during this time. We are taking precautionary measures throughout our interview process to ensure potential candidates will remain safe.
We are looking for a benefitted, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) to work in our Rutland or Bennington county service areas. This position is currently posted as part-time but has the potential to be a full-time role.
In consultation with the referring provider and staff occupational therapists, this position is responsible for assisting in the implementation and documentation of plans of treatment for patients of all ages. In addition, this position is responsible for clinical supervision of (COTA) students
- Associate’s degree in Occupational Therapy and successful completion of a Occupational Therapy Assistant certification program required.
- Prior occupational therapy experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment driver record, criminal, adult and child abuse background check/review required. Must show proof of auto insurance at time of employment required.
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification preferred.
- Valid Vermont State Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant license required.
- Under the supervision of an OTR, assists in the planning for and provision of skilled occupational therapy treatment including, but not limited to, therapeutic techniques, patient/care giver education, etc. assessing the patient’s status and progress on each visit and ensuring quality of care as documented in the clinical record and in compliance with agency, federal and state regulations, organizational and departmental policies and standards of care and AOTA guidelines.
- Under the direction of an OTR, assists in the coordination of patient care with other clinical team members, including but not limited to, physicians, nurses, care givers, other rehab services and students, ensuring optimal patient care and communication as noted in the clinical record and in compliance with the Joint Commission, federal and state regulations, organizational and departmental policies and standards of care and AOTA guidelines.
- Supervises and directs clinical activities of COTA students, aides and volunteer workers in compliance with federal and state regulations, department and organizational policies and standards of care and AOTA guidelines.
- Under the supervision of an OTR, completes and coordinates required paperwork in compliance with agency, federal and state regulations, organizational and departmental policies and standards of care and AOTA guidelines to ensure that documentation reflects care provided and the outcomes achieved as evidenced in the clinical record.
- Under the supervision of an OTR, accurately and completely performs functions as related to school-based services, including, but not limited to, evaluations, documentation, development of Individual Educational Plan IEP’s, participation in meetings, and provision of direct and consultative services. Fills out and completes insurance paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Completes required paperwork to ensure charging and billing processes are accurately executed, including, but not limited to, documents that support charges entered, care within insurance coverage parameters, required insurance forms completed etc.
- Develops and conducts in-service training programs to our customers including, but not limited to Rehabilitation, Medical, Nursing staff, volunteers, community groups, etc.
- Proactively engages in the marketing and promotion of Rehab services including, but not limited to, developing specialized areas of service, participating in public health fairs, medical community, etc.
VNAHSR benefits for Full-time and Part-time employees include:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short and long-term disability
- 401K with 4% match
- Continuing education tuition assistance for work-related courses, to eligible staff